Lela Tessler, a great cook from Philly via Odessa, gave me the very simple Parmesan crusted fish recipe that this dish is based on, and I thought the addition of sun-dried tomatoes was a great complement to the Parmesan. If you’re not a fan, leave them out. The dish will still have plenty of flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 2 1/2 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced, divided
- 4 to 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese or light mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse fish, pat dry and place in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and 1 tablespoon of dill
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, remaining dill, olive oil, lemon juice and cream cheese.
- Remove fillets from oven and turn oven to broil; spread sun-dried tomato mixture over fish.
- Return to oven and broil for another 4-5 minutes, until cheese topping is slightly browned.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER