Scrumptious corn muffins that are made with pareve ingredients, can be a quick breakfast, a brunch dish, a lunchbox treat or an afternoon snack.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 MuffinsServings
- 1 cup corn meal
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup non-dairy sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) can creamed corn
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
3. In a large bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cayenne.
4. In another bowl, beat together oil, eggs, and sour cream until well blended.
5. Add corn mixture to flour and stir until just mixed. Mix in the creamed corn.
6. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins about ⅔ full. Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes.