My husband is lactose intolerant. I wanted to prepare something for Shavuoth that he could enjoy too. I just tried it today and it came out great. I think it could be used as a side dish or as a dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 packages Golden Fruit Blintzes-Frozen (They are pareve.)
- 12 ounces Unsweetened Mimic Creme (Made from almonds and cashews; Kof K pareve)
- 4 ounces light mayonnaise (Your choice, I used Hellman's brand.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (I used bottled.)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup orange juice (I used bottled.)
- 4 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons Earth Balance Margarine (I melted it in the microwave.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients from the Mimic Creme on down in a food processor or blender.
3. Using a 9" by 13" oven proof pan, place blintzes in 2 rows and then pour the batter over them.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes.