A creamy delicious soup without any use of dairy products. Check out the recipe here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 large cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, mince
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cup chicken broth chicken
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons (or more) black pepper
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large pan of boiling water par boil the cauliflower for about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from boiling water and let cool slightly.
- In another stock pot heat the broth until boiling, add the potatoes, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for at lest 15 minute or until the potatoes are soft.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Then toss in the cauliflower.
- Cook, stirring and break up the cauliflower slightly, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower mixture to the simmering soup and then add the paprika, cayenne and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes then remove from heat and let cool.
- Heat through, garnish with parsley and serve.
- This soup can be made up to a week in advance.
When you puree the soup you get a creamy consistency without having to add milk or cream