This sweet twist on traditional guacamole can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover it with plastic wrap touching the top of the guacamole, sealing out all air and keep it refrigerated.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash hot sauce
- 1/2 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (6-ounce) bag tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, lemon juice, salt and hot sauce. Mash with a fork to reach desired consistency, leaving some chunks. Stir in onion, papaya and cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.