Like an explosion of flavors, this Tuscan bread and tomato salad is perfect summer fare.
- 8 ServingsServings
- 8 cup cups:dense Mediterranean-style bread, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Arrange bread cubes evenly on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool. This step can be done a day or two in advance.
- In a large bowl, combine the toasted bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, capers, oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Toss together to thoroughly combine. The salad can be prepared up to 1 hour before serving. Serve at room temperature.