Everyone can enJOY steak as part of a healthy diet and this flavorful sauce keeps it fresh and simple. This recipe was developed for those on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, but everyone will love it.
Learn more about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet here.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6 and 1 cup sauceServings
Charred Lemon Chimichurri Sauce
Pan Roasted Steak
Charred Lemon Chimichurri Sauce:
1. Heat a small sauté pan, lightly coated with evoo, over medium-high heat. Place lemon halves, cut side down, on the pan and char for 10 minutes until caramelized and soft.
2. In a food processor, pulse parsley, shallot, oregano, mint, garlic, red pepper, vinegar, and ½ cup evoo until a thick paste is formed.
3. Add lemon juice from half of seared lemon and taste. If the sauce needs more acid, add the other half, if not, reserve for garnishing steaks.
Pan Roasted Steak:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Heat a heavy duty skillet we like cast-iron over high heat.
3. Strip leaves off of rosemary sprig and mince until very fine (like tobacco). Add 1 tablespoon kosher salt and 2 teaspoons black pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Generously season steaks with seasoned salt.
5. Add evoo to heated pan and sear steaks for 5 minutes per side or until a dark brown crust is formed.
6. Transfer steaks to lined pan or move pan to oven to finish cooking for another 7 minutes for medium-rare.
7. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and loosely cover with foil to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
8. Slice steaks and place on a platter. Drizzle sauce over and garnish with charred lemon.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.