This is my favorite way to cook fish when I am rushed. One pan and the dish is done! The constant basting yields a crispy exterior and moist and flavorful interior.
Serve with Swiss Chard with Garlic, Shallots, and Olives.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Extra virgin olive oil
4 (6-ounce each) halibut fillets, skin off
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat a medium sauté pan, coated generously with evoo, over medium high heat. Season halibut with salt and pepper and place non-skin side down in the pan.
2. Tilt the pan toward you and spoon hot oil over fish. Continue spooning evoo over fish for 5 to 7 minutes until you see the fish color change to opaque.
3. Add butter, smoked paprika, and lemon juice. Continue to spoon over fish for 3 to 5 minutes until butter has browned and fish feels firm to the touch. Add parsley to the pan and remove from heat.
4. Transfer fish to plates or platter and spoon pan sauce over fillets.
5. Serve warm alongside Swiss Chard with Garlic, Shallots, and Olives.