- 4 ServingsServings
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 TBLS Chinese five spice powder
- 1 TBLS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 cans water chestnuts (5 ounces each)
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 English cucumber, skin on and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 radishes, halved
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBLS cilantro, chopped
- 2 TBLS parsley, chopped
1 In large, resealable plastic bag, combine Chinese five spice powder, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Add chicken thighs to bag, seal well and turn to coat.
2 Marinate chicken in refrigerator for one hour, or up to overnight.
3 While chicken is marinating, place red pepper pieces, yellow pepper pieces, jalapeno pepper pieces, water chestnuts, carrot,
4 Rough chop by pulsing the blade. If food processor is not available, vegetables may be julienned by hand.
5 Place chopped vegetables in large bowl. Add garlic, lime juice, ¼ cup olive oil, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and remaining ½ teaspoon pepper.
6 Place bowl in refrigerator and allow to sit for one hour or up to overnight.
7 Prepare gas or charcoal grill.
8 Place chicken on grill and cook, turning, until done throughout, about 6 minutes per side. Cool and shred meat coarsely.
9 Add chicken to vegetable salad mixture
10 Add cilantro and parsley; stir well to combine.
Source: National Chicken Council