“You’ve Always Made Sure I Was” Over Stuffed Bread Pudding: This recipe has everything in it, like an indecisive 7 year old’s ice cream sundae. It’s a great way of showing your mom that no matter how old she gets she still looks young. “Like really young Ma, you could be my sister.” Use your extra bread odds and ends for making this recipe! The fillings I used are just suggestions. Don’t be afraid to go a little crazy with your own ideas for stuffing and toppings!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 6 slices day-old bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoon each filling: coconut flakes, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, roasted peanuts, potato chips, pretzels, etc.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: Rainbow Sprinkles, Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Cherry on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place the bread cubes and your choice of fillings in an 8 x 8 aluminum pan or 4 ramekins.
3. Mix together the caramel sauce and butter until well integrated and drizzle over the bread cubes.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack and then top with your choice of topping.