What’s strange is that I’m not even a Rice Kirspies treat person. Typically at I find that they are too dense, hard, and just not enjoyable unless super fresh. But these bars are just different. In addition to being vegan, they are so rich and flavorful...You have to give them try. Especially if you’re crammed for time!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (can be omitted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups (vegan) creme filled chocolate cookies
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 10 oz. marshmallows
1. In a medium size pan on medium heat add the butter and coconut oil. Once melted, add the marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until fully melted (make sure to keep stirring and not have the temp up to high to prevent burning).
2. In a small bowl add all the chocolate cookies without the creme filling to the bowl. Smash the cookies with your hands, leaving a variety of small size pieces, don't crumble into dust. yet.
3. Gradually add the Rice Krispies and chocolate cookies until everything is covered with the mixture and it all binds together.
4. Remove from heat, and begin to spread with a spoon onto a slightly greased pan, until cooled. Place in the fridge to set.
5. In a small pan over low/medium heat place the vegan chocolate chips in there and add almond milk. Continue stirring so you don't burn the chocolate. Once melted, remove from fridge and coat the top with a thick layer of chocolate. Smash the remaining cookies into dust and coat the tops of the bars with cookies.
6. Place back in the fridge to set for another 10 minutes. Slice and serve immediately and store away so they don't dry out and harden as fast!
Recipe posted courtesy of Eat Drink Shrink.