- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 12 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 6 oranges, peeled and seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (7 ounce size) - (if not available, use 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 TBLS fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 TBLS fresh thyme leaves
- 1 TBLS fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 tsp salt
1 In food processor, combine orange pieces, onion pieces, chipotle peppers, garlic, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, marjoram and salt.
2 Pulse to make a coarse puree.
3 Pour marinade into a large zipper-lock plastic bag, add chicken thighs and seal bag.
4 Shake gently to coat chicken completely. Refrigerate overnight.
5 Coat a large, cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Remove chicken from orange marinade, wiping off excess. Preheat skillet over high heat.
6 Reduce the heat to medium-high, add chicken and cook until nicely browned on one side, about 5 minutes.
7 Turn chicken over and finish cooking, about 5 minutes more.
8 Chicken should be cooked through, but still juicy. Serve hot, room temperature or cool.
Source: National Chicken Council