The citrusy orange glaze on this tempeh transforms it into a sweet and savory vegan dish that is easy and fast to prepare.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 servingsServings
- 1 package tempeh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Cut tempeh into 8 strips and steam for about 10 minutes to remove the bitter taste.
2. Sauté the tempeh in the olive oil until golden, about 5 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the orange juice, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and coriander.
4. Pour the sauce over the tempeh and add the garlic.
5. Simmer until the sauce thickens into a glaze, about 10 minutes.