- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 small Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 frozen pizza dough, defrosted (9-ounce)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a medium sauté pan, sauté Vidalia onion and shallots in olive oil over medium high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened and beginning to caramelize.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450° F. Sprinkle a rimless baking sheet with 1 tablespoon flour and set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 10-inch circle and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Prick dough all over with a fork to help prevent large bubbles from forming during baking. Spread dough evenly with ricotta cheese and sprinkle with salt. Top with sautéed onion mixture, red onion and mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Garnish with chives and pepper and slice into 6 to 8 wedges to serve.