- 12 ServingsServings
- 5 large onions, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon onion soup mix
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400*F (200*C)
2. Line a 9x13 or 9-inch round pan with parchment paper, lightly greased
3. Slice onions. Heat 1/4 cup oil in large wok or frying pan. Saute onions until transparent. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup oil with the eggs and water. When cooled, add the sauteed onions.
5. Sift flour over the egg-onion mixture, sprinkle over the baking powder. mix well
6. Flavor the mixture with the onion soup mix, pepper and thyme. add salt if desired
7. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan.
8. Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes or until golden on top.
Note: baking time depends on the size of the pan- smaller and thicker pan need more bake time.