I received this recipe from my sister-in-law living in Israel. It is easy and delicious. When hot it almost has the texture of noodles.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 large onions, grated and drained or 4 cups frozen chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon soup mix
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup self-rising flour or 1 cup all purpose flour with 1¼ teaspoon baking powder and ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 dash white pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch pie pan with cooking spray or oil.
1. Mix onions, soup mix, oil, water, flour, eggs and pepper together in a large bowl.
2. Pour mixture into prepared pie pan. Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve hot.