I have the perfect busy mom’s dinner right here--from fridge to table in less than 30 minutes. Plus there’s only one pot to wash!
Serve this as a dairy main dish topped with Parmesan, or omit the cheese and serve as a side for roasted chicken, meat, or fish.
Save some time on prep by purchasing pre-cut butternut squash. Don’t have kale or escarole? Use spinach instead.
For best results, use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. I love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups torn kale
- 1 cup torn escarole
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Several fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4½ cups water
Garnish: Colavita extra virgin olive oil and Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Layer linguine, squash, kale, escarole, shallots, garlic, crushed red pepper, thyme, evoo, salt, and pepper in a Dutch oven or large pot with a lid. Pour water over ingredients and place over medium high heat. Cover pot. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until water is absorbed and the pasta is al dente. Toss ingredients occasionally throughout cooking.
2. Once pasta is done, remove thyme stems and discard. Transfer cooked pasta to bowls. Serve with a drizzle of evoo and a sprinkle of Parmesan (optional).
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.