Everyone has a go-to recipe for a one-bowl cake. Here's mine. It's a combination of three or four recipes and, yes, I think it's the best. Or should I say amazing? The mayonnaise and pudding really moisten the cake, and you'll also score beauty points with presentation because, as I always say, anything baked in a Bundt pan will impress your guests. It's like a self-decorated cake.
For a glaze, place 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup soy milk or non-dairy frozen ready-to-whip liquid topping, thawed, in a small saucepan. Heat until melted and drizzle over cake.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup non dairy milk, soy or almond work well
½ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a Bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine all ingredients. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before glazing if desired and serving.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007) - BUY NOW