This is a quick and easy brunch menu item and a beautiful presentation. Have fun with the ingredients and adjust to your taste preferences.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 8 eggs (large) you may use egg substitute
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper To taste
- baby leaf spinach, washed and dried 1/2 a bag (or more to taste)
- one large log (or container) Chevre (goat cheese) or Feta
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp Paprika or Chili Powder
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brush a jelly roll pan with olive oil. Line the pan with parchment paper - make sure edges are hanging over rim of pan. Brush parchment with oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk and flour. Add eggs, mustard, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with fresh spinach.
4. Bake until set, about 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese has melted, 2-4 minutes.
5. Pull omelet out of oven. Carefully, beginning at shorter end, lift parchment and roll up omelet tightly, peeling back parchment as you go. You can directly roll onto a serving platter.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese on top. Sprinkle paprika or chili powder on top. Loosely cover with foil for a couple of minutes to allow cheese to melt.
7 Slice and serve.
NOTE: if you like your eggs to have a little kick, serve with Tabasco sauce on the side or add a couple of shakes of red pepper flakes to the egg mixture.