- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless snapper fillets
- 2 cups (8 oz.) sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Sliced California Ripe Olives
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp. capers
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
1 Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
2 Place snapper in pan, in batches if necessary, and brown on both sides.
3 Transfer to a clean plate and set aside. Heat another tablespoon of oil in pan and add peppers and garlic.
4 Cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until softened.
5 Pour in California Ripe Olives, chicken broth, vinegar and wine.
6 Stir in rosemary and capers and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7 Place fish back into pan, cover and bring to a boil.
8 Turn heat down to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
9 Remove from heat and cool completely. Transfer to a shallow baking dish, pour remaining oil on top, cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving. Serve cool or at room temperature.
Source: California Olive