The flavor of garlic and delicate chives perfume this potato salad without actually eating raw onions and chunks of garlic.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- ￼￼2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 cup aioli (homemade or purchased) click for homemade recipe
- 1⁄4 cup snipped chives (i like to taste my chives so i cut them about 1⁄2-inch long)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup chive blossoms
- 1⁄4 cup garlic blossoms
1 Slice the potatoes into half-moons while they are still hot, but not so hot you cannot handle them.
2 Toss the potatoes with the white wine and vinegar.
*CHEF’S TIP: Do this while the potatoes are hot. They will soak up the liquid and become amazingly flavorful. Once the potatoes have cooled off, the starch crystallizes and the potatoes no longer “soak” up vinaigrettes or sauces. Seasoning with salt and pepper at this stage yields a tastier potato as well.
3 Once the potatoes have cooled off a bit, toss them with the aioli and all the herbs. Adjust seasoning. Serve warm or chilled.