- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 36 ServingsServings
- 1 package oatmeal cookie mix
- 2 cups California walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 squares of caramel chocolate bar
- 36 California walnut halves
1 In bowl, whisk together oatmeal cookie mix, chopped walnuts and flour. Stir in butter to form stiff dough. Shape a heaping tablespoon of dough around chocolate caramel pocket and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet 2-inches apart.
2 Press a walnut half onto each cookie. Bake in the centre of a 350°F oven until lightly golden, about 8 to 10 minutes
3 Let cool 1 minute before transferring to rack to cool completely.
4 Store in an airtight container for up to 3 to 5 days. Freeze up to one month.
Source: California Walnut Board