This crumb cake is a great combination of protein, fruit and fiber. It is great in squares or as muffins for both a snack or breakfast. Also try adding sliced strawberries on top. The strawberries add both a beautiful color and flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-12 ServingsServings
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
1. Spray an 8 by 8", square pyrex (or a muffin tin with 12 spaces) or a loaf bread mold.
2. Preheat the oven to 350.
3. In a small bowl, pour the chia seeds and water. Allow to sit and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredient and banana and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and chia seed mixture, whisk together. Pour the dry mixture into the pyrex. Pour the wet ingredient mixture over the dry mixture, and be sure it covers the entire dry mixture.
6. Place pyrex in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool completely so the mixture sets.
7. Cut into squares. 2 squares is a breakfast, 1 is a snack.