Rosh Hashanah just got a whole lot sweeter with these beautiful apple roses!
Impress your guests this Rosh Hashanah with these gorgeous apple roses. Just a few ingredients and a little know how will produce these tasty treats.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 rosesServings
1 sheet puff pastry
1 tablespoons flour for dusting counter
3 tablespoons apricot jam
1 large apple, with red skin
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon rosewater
powdered sugar, for garnish
- Remove the core of the apple, then slice it very thinly (like a chip).
- In a bowl, combine the apple, lemon juice and rosewater. Microwave for 3 mins. Now the apples are soft enough to bend when they are rolled. Drain the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 375℉/190℃.
- On a floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pasty dough so it is thin, but without any holes. Cut into 6 strips (each about 9 inch by 2 inch).
- Spread a thin layer of apricot jam in the center of each strip. Arrange the apple slices so the skin of the apple sits just over the edge of the dough.
- Fold the dough up.
- Egg wash.
- Carefully roll each strip.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar!