- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 6 ripe :medium tomatoes - skins & seeds removed*
- 1 medium :cucumber - peel, cut in half lengthways and remove seeds
- 6 green :onions- remove root end & chop
- 1 slice:white bread – included the crust and break into large pieces
- 1/2 cup :tomato puree
- 2 cups :tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon :red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon :olive oil
- 1 small :garlic clove
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon :salt
- 1/2 teaspoon :sugar
- Place the bread into a food processor and process to make crumbs.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and blend until everything is finely chopped.
- This soup does not have to be smooth, in fact it's better if it's chunky.
- Cover and chill for at least four hours.
* To remove skins, place tomatoes in a pan of boiling water. Remove from heat and let sit for two to three minutes until skins crack. Lift from water with a slotted spoon. Cool slightly and remove skins. Cut in half crossways and remove seeds. SUGGESTION: After chilling soup, place in a chilled thermos and take on a picnic or to work for lunch.