- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 10 oz. lean ground beef
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c. chopped California natural and golden raisins
- 1 Large egg
- 3 tbsp. chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp. Creole mustard; divided
- 1 tsp. crumbled dried sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. California raisin juice concentrate or molasses
1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine beef, breadcrumbs, chopped raisins, egg, shallots, 1 tablespoon mustard, sage, salt and pepper in large bowl; mix thoroughly. Shape mixture into 2 oval loaves, each about 1-inch thick, and place on small rimmed baking sheet.
2 Bake loaves 10 minutes. Mix raisin juice concentrate or molasses and remaining 1 tablespoon mustard in small bowl.
3 Brush mixture generously over loaves. Continue to bake until loaves are cooked through and thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F, about 8 minutes.
Source: Chef Anthony Spizale and California Raisin Marketing Board