Modeled after a crab cake, this burger is made kosher using mock crab. I like to serve it on an English muffin along with my quick and easy homemade tartar sauce.
This "burger" will satisfy your fish sandwich cravings, but if you're looking for more burger recipes, check out 9 Burgers, 9 Ways.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 sandwichesServings
- 8 ounce frozen imitation crab, defrosted
- 2 eggs
- ½ small red bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 leaves green leaf letuce
- t tablespoon Easy Tartar Sauce
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumber
1. In a food processor, combine imitation crab, eggs, and peppers and pulse to chop and combine. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add mayonnaise, panko, chives, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt. Stir to combine and form into 4 (½-cup) patties.
2. Place on a greased sheet pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
3. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Cook patties for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until golden brown and heated through. Place each “burger” on an English muffin with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tablespoon Easy Tartar Sauce, and a few cucumber slices.