This one also works great in a crock pot for saturday lunch.
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound veggie ground meat
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder or more for spicier
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1-32 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bottle imported beer
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and avocado
- Heat a deep, large skillet or a pot over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive.
- Saute the onion for two minutes, then add the veggie meat and the mushrooms and garlic. Season with grill seasoning and cumin. Then add the worcestershire and chili powder.
- Pour in beer, tomatoes, and beans. Cook for 30 minutes or as long you need on low to allow flavors to meld.
- Top bowls with cheese, sour cream and avocado.