Make this vegetarian stuffing anytime. Use up your leftover challah, add tons of your favorite mushrooms, a little of our secret ingredient for incredible depth of flavor and you can enjoy stuffing all year round.
It is also the perfect vegetarian side for your Thanksgiving dinner, no one will feel left out when this is served.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
1 cup chopped leeks
1 pound assorted mushrooms, chopped
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
⅓ cup chopped parsley
¼ cup Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
8 cups cubed challah bread
1 Tablespoon Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch pan baking dish with extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Sauté leeks until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, broth, parsley, and soy sauce.
- Add challah and mushroom mixture and mix well. Place in the prepared baking dish and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Bake at 375°F, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more until browned.