- Prep Time
- 1 (4-pound) :silver tip beef roast
- 1 :large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon :paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon:kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon:black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon:garlic powder
- 1/2 cup:dry red wine
- 1 (8-ouce) carton:sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse roast, pat dry and place in prepared pan. Surround with onions.
- Rub paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder into roast.
- Pour wine over roast and onions (add a little oil if it is lean).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove pan from oven and place mushrooms around the roast. Return to oven and bake for 1 more hour, or to desired doneness.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature before slicing diagonally against the grain.
- Arrange on platter with vegetables on top. Pass pan juices in a sauce boat.