Have fun with your food, color them and flavor them and serve them in martini glasses. Mashed potatoes never looked so good.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10Servings
- 11 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 lbs (or 17 medium) Russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup non dairy creamer
- 2-4 tablespoons Gold’s red horseradish, divided
- 2-4 tablespoons Gold’s wasabi sauce, divided
- 2-4 tablespoons Gold’s bb-q sauce, divided
- 2 shallots chopped, sautéed in olive oil (optional)
1 Place water, salt and potatoes in a 6-quart soup pot, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
2 Drain potatoes thoroughly and return them to the pot or a large bowl.
3 Using a wire masher or fork, mash potatoes until desired texture is reached.
4 Mix in margarine and non-dairy creamer until well combined.
5 Separate into 4 equal batches and add 1 Gold’s topping to each of 3 batches, leaving one batch plain (the exact measurement is 1 tablespoon of topping per 1 cup/serving of mashed potatoes). Mix to blend.
6 Spoon into martini glasses for a colorful and gorgeous presentation, top each with a drizzle of remaining topping.
7 Sauté chopped shallots in olive oil over medium heat until golden and crispy and top plain mashed potatoes with a few spoonfuls if desired.