- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry bulgur
- 1/4 cup dry white long-grain rice*
- 1/4 cup dry pearled barley
- 1 tablespoon dry chicken bouillon
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 Cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, natural (optional)
1 Add oil to wok or skillet and heat on medium-high. Add grains and sauté 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2 Dissolve bouillon in hot water and stir into grains; add carrots and onions. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 to 30 minutes.
3 Stir occasionally until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender. Add frozen peas 5 minutes before end of cooking time.
4 Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes and fluff with fork. Garnish with almonds.
5 *Do not substitute with minute or brown rice.
Source: Wheat Foods Council