A cup of mulled wine, whether indoors at your holiday table or outdoors in the sukkah, gives you and your guests a little more time to enjoy each other’s company and the tranquility of the holidays. Substitute Concord grape juice for the red wine and brandy and even your youngest guests will want to hang around a little longer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 servingsServings
- 1 (750-ml) bottle of wine (or grape juice)
- Up to 1 cup of the brandy (to taste)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- Dash of cloves
- Honey (to taste)
- Lemon slices and sugar cubes
1. In a large saucepan, on medium-low heat, combine wine and brandy, dried fruit, and cloves. Stir often to keep mixture from boiling. Add honey and stir to dissolve.
2. Prepare tempered mugs by placing a single sugar cube in the bottom of each. Pour in the mulled fruit and wine, and garnish with lemon slices.
Recipe originally published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Fall 2014