This parve strawberry tart is yummy treat for Mother's Day or anytime you want to show someone that you really care.
- Prep Time
- For the:Crust:
- 3/4 cup:chopped toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup:sugar
- 1 cup:flour
- 12 tablespoons:cold margarine, cut in pieces
- 2 egg:yolks
- 1 teaspoon:vanilla
- For the:Filling:
- 1/3 cup:sugar
- 1 pint:strawberries, hulled and puréed
- 1 cup:parve whip
- 1/2 cup:tofu cream cheese
- Extra:strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse the nuts, sugar, flour and margarine in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolks and vanilla and process until dough just comes together.
- Press into the bottom and about half an inch up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 45 minutes. Cool completely on a rack and, after sliding a knife around the edges to loosen, carefully remove sides of pan.
- Stir the sugar into the pureed strawberries and chill. Beat the parve whip until it forms stiff peaks. Fold in tofu cream cheese; then gently fold in the chilled purée. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon the chilled filling into the tart shell. Garnish with extra strawberries.
- Lick the bowl
Contributed by: GourmetKosherCooking.com