- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks, about 2 cups
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1 Cup peeled and sliced fresh carrots
- 1 Clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5-ounce) Can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-3/4 cups Water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Cups couscous, uncooked
- 2 Cups COOKED TURKEY
- 1/4 Cup shelled pistachios, chopped
1 Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, onions, carrots and garlic; stir. Cook 6 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring frequently.
2 Stir in cumin, ginger, cinnamon and salt; cook 1 minute.
3 Add tomatoes with liquid, water and raisins and stir well. Bring to a boil. Cover.
4 Reduce heat to low; simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5 Cook couscous according to package directions while simmering tomatoes. Cover to keep warm.
6 Add turkey to vegetable mixture; cook 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
7 Serve stew spooned over the couscous; sprinkle with pistachios.
Source: National Turkey Federation