This Moroccan Steel-Cut Oat Soup, called Lahshou, which takes minutes to make and costs pennies, tastes like a million bucks!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro, end stems cut off
- 1 large bunch flat parsley, stems and leaves
- 1 large bunch mint, leaves only
- 3 quarts (12 cups) water
- 1 ½ cups steel-cut oats
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup ground fenugreek
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- Good pinch red pepper flakes
1. In a food processor, finely grind garlic, cilantro, parsley, and mint.
2. Transfer the ground mixture to a heavy, wide-bottomed pot and add all remaining ingredients.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium, and cook, covered, for 20 minutes. Adjust the texture and seasonings.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.