- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 6 medium beets (3 gold, 3 red)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar or agave nectar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
1. Rinse and trim beets. Place in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until fork tender, about 1 hour.
2. Remove beets from water and allow to cool, then peel and dice into bite-sized pieces.
3. Add scallions and mint to beets.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together vinegar, oil, sugar or agave nectar, lime juice, and cumin.
5. Pour over beets, scallions, and mint and toss ingredients to coat evenly.
6. Serve chilled.