- Prep Time
- 8 ounces pitted dates
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- About 3 tablespoons sweet red wine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 sweet apple, peeled and cored
- Halve the dates. Finely chop pecans and almonds in a food processor and remove to a bowl. Add dates, 3 tablespoons wine, and spices to a food processor and grind until fairly smooth. Mix with nuts. Grate apple on large holes of a grater. Stir into the date mixture. If the mixture is dry, add more wine by the teaspoons.
- Variation: To make haroset "truffles", roll the haroset between your palms into small balls of about 3/4or 1 inch diameter. Serve in foil or paper candy cups.