No need to hard sell these perfectly gooey Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes; they're irresistible!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted margarine
- 8 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate
½ cup white sugar
- 4 whole eggs plus 4 egg yolks (to cut the cholesterol in half, use the equivalent of four eggs worth of egg substitute, and 4 yolks)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of flour, sifted
½ teaspoon instant coffee or decaf granules
Grease 8 ramekins and dust with flour. Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Melt margarine and chocolate together in a microwave or double boiler and mix until smooth.
2. Add sugar, eggs, flour, coffee, and salt to the bowl and mix until just incorporated.
3. Pour into ramekins and bake at 350°F degrees for 10 minutes, or until the sides are set.
4. Remove from oven, and let the cakes rest for 1-2 minutes before turning onto a plate for serving immediately. Enjoy with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Note: to bake in disposable tins, grease and dust with flour and baked at 375°F for 10-15 minutes, just until the sides are set.
Contributed by:Elizabeth Book Kratz, CKCA