- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 servings ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup semisweet :chocolate chips
- /2 cup :milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup :butter (NOT margarine)
- 3 :eggs
- 3 egg :yolks
- 1 (14 to 16 oz.) package :fudge brownie mix
- 2 Tablespoon :chocolate milk
- 2 Tablespoon :powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray 12 nonstick muffin cups with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine both kinds of chocolate chips and butter.
- Microwave on high power for 1 minute, stirring twice during cooking, or until chocolate and butter are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and egg yolks and beat at high speed for 5 minutes until foamy, light in color, and doubled in size.
- If there is one, set aside the chocolate syrup packet from brownie mix.
- Gradually add the dry brownie mix to the beaten egg mixture, stirring with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Fold in melted chocolate mixture and chocolate milk. Carefully pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at for 10 to 14 minutes or just until edges are set.
- The centers of the little cakes will be soft. Cool on wire rack for 2 minutes.
- Then run a knife around edge of each cake to loosen, then invert warm cake on each serving plate.
- Drizzle with the chocolate syrup from the reserved packet and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- If there isn't a chocolate syrup packet in the brownie mix, drizzle the cupcakes with some chocolate ice cream topping.
These decadent little cakes with their molten chocolate center are easy to make using a brownie mix.