In this Mixed Green Salad with Warm Cream Cheese "Croutons," traditional croutons are replaced with cubes of cream cheese covered in kosher for Passover panko crumbs.
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup kosher for Passover panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package(8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 cups loosely packed torn salad greens
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in shallow dish. Add cream cheese cubes in small batches; toss until evenly coated with crumb mixture. Place on waxed paper-covered plate.
2. Heat large heavy nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add cream cheese cubes, a few at a time; cook 3 min. or until evenly browned, turning frequently.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl; top with toasted cream cheese cubes.