Straight from Chef Alex Reznik's recipe collection, from Ditmas Kitchen (L.A.) & Bedford Kitchen (Queens, N.Y.), comes this mouthwatering meat filled sandwich, sure to satisfy.
Using Worcestershire sauce in a meat dish in a kosher kitchen can be tricky because it contains anchovies. Look for a kosher certification mark which is not accompanied by a “fish” notation.That sauce can be used in a meat dish.
Chef's Tip: Make it a Salad:
- Place arugula, red onions, and sliced pickles in a large platter.
- Top with sliced minute steak London broil.
- Drizzle with spicy mayo.
- Top with toasted bread or pretzel bun and fried egg, if you wish.
Note: Allow 24 hours to marinade in advance
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 generous steak sandwiches or salad portionsServings
- 1 (2-3 pound) minute London broil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin or sweet white wine
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup mayo
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sriracha or hot sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Pretzel buns
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced pickles
- Fried egg
1. Combine marinade ingredients and pour over minute London broil in a sealable container or large ziplock bag.
2. Marinate for 24 hours. Remove steak from marinade and heat grill to high heat.
3. Cook steak to medium-rare and allow to rest for about ten minutes.
4. While steak is cooking, mix up the sauce ingredients into a squeeze bottle or glass jar. Set aside and reserve for sandwich.
5. Slice thinly and apply condiments as you wish.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Summer 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW