- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1/2 c. California natural raisins
- 1/2 c. Californian golden raisins
- 1/2 C. dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 c. plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- 1 large cucumber; peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 c. scallions, minced
- 1/4 c. fresh chives, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 c. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp. California natural raisins; for garnish
- 1 tbsp. California golden raisins; for garnish
- 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts; for garnish
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives; for garnish
- 6 sprigs fresh mint; for garnish
1 Soak raisins in sherry, honey, and balsamic vinegar for 20 minutes.
2 In large bowl, combine yogurt, milk, cucumber, eggs, scallions, chives, salt, pepper and chopped mint.
3 Add raisins with liquid and walnuts. Cover and chill thoroughly, at least 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
4 Stir soup and adjust seasonings.
5 Serve in chilled clear glass bowls accompanied with raisins, walnuts, chives and sprigs of mint in small condiment bowls or spooned on top of soup.
Source: California Raisin Marketing Board