Mint, chopped cashews and lime juice add character and depth of flavor to this brown rice pilaf.
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 2 cups:Basmati Brown Rice
- 4 cups:water
- 1 cup:chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup:fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup:chopped roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons:toasted sesame oil
- :salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the rice in a strainer to remove some of the starch.
- Place the rice in a medium saucepan. Add the water and cook covered over medium heat until the rice is cooked through (about 30 minutes).
- Add the remaining ingredients while the rice is warm. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Contributed by:LAURA FRANKEL