I love that this dessert is low fat, but still gives you that extra delicious and fulfilling power of the minty cookie dough. It is very grounding, and perhaps better saved for a special occasion since it is just a tiny bit more work. This recipe provides 4 times the needed amount of cookie dough, unless you like more. But you can definitely make yourself extra and save it for later.
- Prep Time
- 20 Deglet Nour dates
- ¼ cup dried mulberries (or replace with oats)
- 1 tablespoon carob powder (or raw carob powder)
- 1 drop pure peppermint extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp spirulina powder
- 4 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup of water
1. Place dates and mulberries in the food processor and process until they break down.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, and process until a giant ball forms in your food processor.
3. Take out that ball, and form it into small cookie dough balls, or any shape of your liking. The size really doesn’t matter here.
4. Blend ice cream ingredients, then place cookie dough on top of ice cream.