This minty treat is laced with a hint of beautiful dried lavender flower (available at health-food stores or fine food markets). But beware, too much will give a soapy flavor and spoil the fun!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 cups ServingsServings
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn (see above for method)
- 1 cup good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery sticks, or any margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1-2 teaspoons dried lavender fl ower, optional
- Sprinkling of fl eur de sel
1 Place popcorn into a large bowl.
2 in a small saucepan, heat chocolate over low heat. as chocolate begins to melt, add margarine and stir until fully melted and incorporated. Remove from heat, and add mint extract.
3 Pour chocolate over popcorn, toss well to coat, and pour onto a lined sheet tray (or two).
4 While crushing the lavender with your fingertips, sprinkle over the popcorn, being careful to evenly distribute.
5 Sprinkle with fl eur de sel to your liking. Chill popcorn in refrigerator until chocolate hardens. Break up into clusters and serve.
This popcorn will last a few days in an airtight container in the fridge/freezer but it is best freshly made.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine (February/March 2013) - Subscribe Now.