Mini loaf cakes make the perfect gift for Purim or any time of the year, and you can never go wrong with chocolate. Make some of these mini triple-chocolate quick breads for friends or indulge yourself.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 mini loavesServings
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup:semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon:margarine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons:non-dairy creamer
- 1-2 cup:powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon:vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together margarine and sugar. Beat in eggs and chocolate until well mixed. Add apple sauce and vanilla.
3. On a low speed, beat in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon batter into 4 greased 5 1/2x3x2-inch mini-loaf pans.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
1. Melt chocolate chips and margarine in the microwave.
2. Stir in non-dairy creamer, then sugar and vanilla. Drizzle over loaves.