Editor's Notes: Make sure to plan in advance and soak the cashews overnight to increase health benefits and to ensure a creamy consistency.
These Mini Star of David Fruit Skewers with Vanilla Cashew Cream are a perfect snack for a Chanuka party! Kids will love the shaped fruit.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup raw cashews, rinsed and then soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fresh fruit (such as apples, pears, grapes, berries)
- 1/2 lemon
- 6-inch wooden skewers
- Mini (Star of David) cookie cutter
1. Discard soaking water from cashews and place cashews in a high speed blender or food processor. Add enough water to almost cover the cashews. Blend until creamy.
2. Add remaining ingredients for the Cashew Cream and blend until fully incorporated and creamy. Spoon into a serving bowl.
Fruit Skewers :
1. Wash and cut fruit into bite sized pieces and use mini (Star of David) cookie cutter to cut shapes into apples and pears.
2. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon onto apples and pears so it does not brown.
3. Skewer fruit onto wooden skewers and place onto a serving platter. Serve with Cashew Cream.