These tasty Mexican inspired wraps combine 3 healthy recipes: Mexican, Quinoa, Garlic Black Beans, and Green Chili Guacamole, all bundled up into a super satiating whopper of a tortilla wrap. You can find these ingredients and more at Eden.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup EDEN organic quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can EDEN diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon EDEN sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Garlic Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 can EDEN black beans, undrained
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon chili powder, according to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
Green Chili Guacamole
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon canned green chilis
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 6 small to medium sized flour tortillas, warmed in cast iron skillet
- Fresh cilantro, for topping
- Organic carrots, sliced into thin strips
- Mexican Quinoa
- Garlic Black Beans
- Green Chili Guacamole
1. Bring water to a boil in a large, flat bottomed saucepan.. Add quinoa, tomatoes, salt, cumin, and dried oregano. Stir until combined.
2. Return heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed.
3. Take pan off heat, covered, to rest for five minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork.
Garlic Black Beans:
1. Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat until fragrant and lightly toasted.
2. Add stock, beans, chili powder, and salt.
3. Lower heat to medium low and cook until thickened, about 10 to 13 minutes.
Green Chili Guacamole :
1. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and smash together with the back of a spoon, until mostly smooth but some chunks remain. Enjoy!
To assemble the wrap:
1. Using a flat surface, spread Green Chili Guacamole on flour tortilla. Top with Mexican Quinoa, then Garlic Black Beans, then carrot strips.
2. Roll tortilla from longest side, tightly as you can, while pushing ingredients inward to the wrap.
3. Slice in half, and serve with cilantro if desired!