It is hard to find good kosher Mexican food. I got so tired of looking that I decided to make it myself. Quesadillas are a great light appetizer. You can fill them with almost anything. Try my Chocolate Quesadillas. You'll wonder how you ever survived without them.
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups canned corn (from a 11-ounce can), drained
- 1-1/2 cups canned black beans (from a 15-ounce can), rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Spray a tortilla with non-stick cooking spray. Place it flat on heated skillet for 1 minute and flip tortilla over.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese on the tortilla, followed by 1/2 cup each corn and beans and 4 slices avocado.
- Place another tortilla on top to make a sandwich. Cover pan with lid.
- After 1 minute, flip the quesadilla.
- When the cheese has melted, remove quesadilla and place on a warm plate; repeat with remaining tortillas, vegetables and cheese.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Top each piece with a dollop of salsa and sour cream before serving.
Warm a plate in the microwave for about 1 minute, a good idea for this or any other time you need to keep something nice and hot.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER